Gluten Free Chocolate Espresso Cookies
For a soft and chewy, rich-chocolate treat- these gluten free chocolate espresso cookies will quickly became your new favorite! Get that glass of milk ready!
- 1 stick of butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 packets of instant coffee + 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/4 c. dark chocolate chips, melted
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 c. gluten free flour blend
- 1 c. dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, stir 2 packets of instant coffee with 2 Tbsp. of warm water. Let sit.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Then, beat in the eggs, vanilla, and coffee mixture. Next, melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Then, beat the melted chocolate, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and gluten free flour blend. Stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 30+ minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop 1 inch balls onto a lined baking sheet. If desired add additional chocolate chips to the top of each cookie. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days.