Butterscotch Baked Oatmeal
With this butterscotch baked oatmeal- you can start your morning with a sweet mix of protein, fat, carbs, and fiber!
- 2 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 c. applesauce
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. flour (I used oat flour)
- 1 c. milk (can use dairy free)
- 2 c. old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1/3 c. butterscotch chips
- Optional: additional butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the butter/oil, applesauce, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, baking powder, salt, and flour. Carefully whisk in the milk. Then, fold in the oats and butterscotch chips. Next, pour into 12 lined muffin cups or a 9x13 greased baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- If desired, heat about 1/3 c. of butterscotch chips in the microwave for 15-20 second increments. Pipe or drizzle over the oatmeal.